- Gulf Shores, Alabama (88 miles)
- Orange Beach, Alabama (88 miles)
- Biloxi Beach, Mississippi (90 miles)
- Pensacola Beach, Florida (92 miles)
Taxes and Costs
Retirement Income Exemptions
There are a number of income sources that are exempt from State income tax. Those exempt sources include Federal and State pensions, "defined benefit plans" and social security benefits.
We average less than half an inch of snow per year. We also average 218 sunny days a year, a full 6% more sunny days than the national average. Our average winter low is a full 10 degrees above freezing at 42.3 degrees.
Providence Family Physicians provides physician care, othopedics, and other specialty medical services to Citronelle. Additionally, Urgent Care provides emergency walk-in medical services for our citizens. Within 30 miles multiple hospitals exist.
Mill Creek Golf Course, owned by the City of Citronelle, provides 18 holes of beautiful golf surrounded by lakes, walking trails, campgrounds, and a community center to host large gatherings. The 60-acre lake provides swimming and fishing options as well as a beach to relax on.
A "Rails to Trails" Walking Trail exists on what once was the Gulf, Mobile, Ohio Railroad which ran through Citronelle. The Ole Rail Depot now houses a museum honoring our rail history adjacent to the walking trail.
Tennis courts, basketball courts, and a children's playground are located adjacent to the major commecial district in the city.
- Biloxi, Missippi Casinos are located just 90 miles away. Click here for more information.
- The Wind Creek Casino and Hotel in Atmore, Alabama is located just 65 miles away. Click here for more information.
Surrender Oaks Festival
- Citronelle, Alabama plays host to the Surrender Oak Festival each year on the first Saturday in May. Click here for more information.
- Citronelle’s Annual Christmas Celebration! Join the citizens of Citronelle every December for the annual Christmas Jubilee Arts and Crafts Fair. The event includes lots of crafters, tons of gifts, amazing food and beverages, and pictures with everyone’s favorite Christmas Jolly gift giver!
Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast
- Kiwanis Annual Fundraiser
- The Citronelle Kiwanis Club was chartered in July of 1947. It is the oldest civic organization in Citronelle. The Kiwanis Club sponsors the Citronelle Key Club and gives a $1000 scholarship to a Senior Club member each year. It also purchases books for three head start schools which the members go to and read. The schools are Citronelle, Mt.Vernon, and McIntosh. In addition, the Kiwanis Club sponsors a camper at Camp Smile in Mobile. It does all this from the funds that it raise with the pancake breakfast held each year.
The mission of the Kiwanis Club is helping children not only in the local community but around the world. Kiwanis International created the Eliminate Project which the Citronelle Kiwanis Club contributes to. This Project rids tetanus in third world countries by providing the shots necessary to eliminate this illness.
Visit http://www.kiwanis.org for more information about the Kiwanis Club.
Citronelle Lions Club
- Lions Club has more volunteers in more places than any other service organization in the world. Since 1917, Lions clubs have offered people the opportunity to give back to their community and help those in need. Whenever a Lions club gets together, problems get smaller. And communities get better. That's because we help where help is needed-in our communities and around the world-with unmatched integrity and energy. Lions clubs offer support sight programs, assist the disabled, feed the hungry, and provide disaster relief assistance. And that's not all. Each Lions Club chooses their own projects and activities to fit the lifestyles of its members and benefit the community the most.
Contact Us for an Information Packet